Birnam Arts & Conference Centre
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Play a key role in developing a long-term vision for the organisation, including drawing up strategic and operational plans, annual budgets and business cases for investment purposes.
• Attend Board meetings and implement Board decisions and strategy.
• Manage Birnam Arts and Birnam I Ltd including but not limited to:
– The line management of the following staff – Deputy General Manager, Shop and Beatrix Potter Exhibition Manager, Arts Development Manager, Catering Manager and Business Development and Marketing Officer.
– The premises and all equipment of Birnam Arts, ensuring it is maintained in a serviceable, secure and safe condition.
• Manage the financial resources and control expenditure in line with the approved budget and financial directions from the Board.
• Manage the application for funding support in line with Board policy.
• Manage the negotiating and servicing of contracts as required.
• Liaise with other organisations as appropriate in the pursuance of Birnam Arts and Birnam I Ltd business.
• Liaise with customers as necessary in order to deliver an excellent service and deal with any problems that may arise.
• Manage the delivery of functions/events, including conferences, wedding receptions and personal parties.
• Manage and develop the use of the facility for the arts, education and community activities in pursuance of the charitable purposes.
• Manage compliance with health & safety regulations and statutory licence requirements to ensure a safe environment for staff, volunteers and customers.
• Manage compliance with cyber-security requirements and data protection legislation.
• Follow the organisation’s health & safety policy, be responsible for your own health & safety and do nothing to endanger the health & safety of others.
• Key contact for building alarm.
• Any other duties that may be required to support the efficient and effective operation of Birnam Arts.
Send your CV and covering letter stating what attracts you to this post and your reasons for applying to:
The Chairman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post:
The Chairman, Birnam Arts, Station Rd, Birnam, Dunkeld, Perthshire, PH8 0DS. Mark as confidential.
Location: Perth and Kinross
The deadline is Tuesday 28 February 2017 at 23:55.