Rhythm Time Glasgow West End, Inverclyde and East Dunbartonshire are looking for someone to join their team as a part-time permanent class leader. Approximately two to three mornings a week initially, with the view to increase hours as we expand classes. The current rate for a fully qualified teacher is £9.50 per class. The successful candidate will shadow one of our experienced teachers for half a term before starting their own classes (mostly in the East Dunbartonshire area).
*It is essential that you have your own car to carry your kit to various venues and that you have a strong singing voice.
It is the duty of the Rhythm Time leader:-
- To have each lesson well prepared according to the lesson plan
- To ensure all necessary equipment and teaching aids are in good condition and brought to each class
- To arrive half an hour before the classes begin, to set up the equipment, including the admin table
- To keep her appearance clean and tidy and to wear the Rhythm Time clothing at all classes.
- To start the class promptly
- To lead the class according to the lesson plan, which should not be altered. This ensures consistency of teaching and standards
- To supervise the assistant (if there is one) and ensure that her/his administrative tasks have been completed properly
- To put away all equipment after the class and leave the venue in the condition in which it was found.
- To complete all administrative tasks accurately and promptly
- To notify the employer after each session of any payments or non-payments, changes to class registers, attendance of visitors and product orders from parents
- To return any monies to the Employer at least once each week of term time
- To complete any other tasks which the Employer deems reasonable for the benefits of the clients.
- To promote Rhythm Time in a positive manner
- To cover for other class leaders and assistants wherever necessary at the relevant rate of pay
- To attend one training session per term as determined by the Employer.
To apply for the job please email email@example.com for an application form.
Closing date: 1stJune 2018