JM INTERNATIONAL (JMI)
Join the international team that makes a difference through music.
JM International (JMI) is the world’s largest youth-music nonprofit organisation with members in over 60 countries worldwide. JMI’s network of 40,000+ annual musical activities outreaches 6 million young people, using the power of music for social change.
JMI offers a dynamic, creative and challenging work environment where young professionals are able to engage themselves fully in meaningful work, together with passionate colleagues and a vibrant international network of driven music institutions.
JMI was established in Brussels, Belgium in 1945 with the goal to enable young people to develop through music across all boundaries and borders., we look for a colleague to join us who can stand for this powerful mission, lending their unique strengths and abilities to build on 70+ years of youth empowerment through music.
JMI looks for a highly skilled, “all-round” Communications Manager to join our team. It is a multifaceted position and we search for a candidate with a wide range of communications and marketing expertise to take our communications to the next level.
The Communications Manager is expected to deliver, on time, innovative work that meets top international standards. Strong organisational skills, an analytical mind and an eye for detail are all crucial. The candidate should be well organised and results driven, handling well under pressure. They must be passionate about music, people and culture, with a proven track record when working independently on high-level projects within the creative industries.
The Communications Manager should be strategically marketing-minded but also have the hands-on technical skills to be able to deliver texts, publications, content. A background in design is required, with a intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Adobe creative suite (Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign). Although no programming knowledge is required, the candidate must be able to manage web projects (website creation) as well as develop and deploy content for our websites. We are looking for a digital native with an intrinsic understanding of social media and how to outreach various communities through it.
The Communications Manager must be flexible and able to adapt to the fast-changing music/communications environment, where you may be called on to take up others aspects of music event management where needed. The candidate must open to travel and be able to represent the organisation abroad, working with our international network to make a difference through music.
If this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Development and dissemination of the JM International brand and strategy .
- Management and development of JMI’s websites, online projects and social media.
- Content Creation: Coordinate, produce and update visual and written content for JMI’s websites, social media platforms and newsletters.
- Project Management of strategy implementation/planning
- Graphic Design: Posters, brochures, etc…
- PR/Press Coordination.
- Management and coordination of third party agencies.
- Coordination/sourcing of communication’s interns.
- 3-5 Years work experience or the vocational equivalent.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Intermediate – Advanced Graphic Design Skills (Adobe Create Suite)
- Web project management skills / CMS
- Strong public speaking/relations skills.
- Must be able to start at the latest January 2019
ADDITIONAL ASSETS (NOT REQUIRED)
- French / Spanish
- Video Skills: Final Cut/Premiere/After Effects/etc
- Project / organisational management knowledge / grant writing
- Non-formal training expertise
- A unique communications network
- The position is full-time (9 to 5), based in Brussels, Belgium.
- JMI is looking for international candidates, who can work from Brussels, Belgium, by the beginning of January 2019. (Relocation costs and costs of separate life are not covered by the employer.)
- An initial time-based contact of 6 months will be given to the selected candidate after which the employee will be evaluated and the contract extended should the employer be satisfied with the work result.
- The Communications Manager is responsible for the Communications Interns and when applicable the Communications Assistant.
- NET Salary (after tax) is set between €1700-€1900 depending on the candidates experience and capabilities. Other benefits include hospitalisation insurance, mobile phone expenses, meal vouchers (€6 per working day) and local transport costs.
- To apply please via this online form: https://podio.com/webforms/216…
- Applications are open until December 2nd 2018. If you do not receive news from us 3 weeks after you apply, please assume that you have not been selected.
- The selected candidate must be willing and able to start immediately (Jan 2019).
The deadline for applications is 2nd December 2018.
For more information, please visit the JM International website.