£20,400- £24,500 pro rata – 2.5 days/week
Sound and Music is seeking a part-time Education Coordinator who will be a key member of the Education Team. We are looking for someone with great organisational ability who will enjoy being at the heart of all aspects of our education work.
Reporting to the Head of Education, the post provides support to the Head of Education and is the first point of contact for key stakeholders including young people, their parents, music education hubs, teachers and schools, and ensuring that projects and events within the programme are delivered to a high standard.
The Education Programme includes:
- The annual Summer School for young composers, a unique week-long residential course for 14-18 year-olds
- Listen Imagine Compose, a programme exploring how composing is taught and learnt in schools
- Go Compose, a programme that develops opportunities for children and young people to explore composing and creating music
- Minute of Listening, a digital resource for primary schools that enables classes of pupils to listen to a minute of music and sound every day
- Can Compose, a strategic campaign raising awareness of the importance of composing within music education.
The position is essentially an administrative role and we are looking for someone extremely well organised and capable of working independently. The role encompasses all aspects of delivery including administration, event management and communications.
The role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will be undertaken at Sound and Music’s expense.
Application deadline: Noon, Friday 22nd November 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th December 2019 at Somerset House.
For more information and to download the Job Description and Application Pack visit the Sound and Music website.