RMN Classical is very excited to announce the International Competition “Composition for Electric Guitar”.
Launched in collaboration with Award Winning performer and composer Sergio Sorrentino, in connection with the production of the new album Contemporary Music for Electric Guitar and linked with the upcoming book written by S. Sorrentino, this competition has been developed to stimulate and promote the creation of new contemporary and experimental works for electric guitar as well as discover emerging composers and more established ones.
RMN Classical will produce an album that will focus on the contemporary repertoire for electric guitar and will see Award Winning guitarist Sergio Sorrentino at the instrument. This will be RMN Classical second release devoted to the repertoire for solo instrument. The music album will be scheduled to be released autumn/winter 2018
We hope to enrich the release including a worldwide premiere of a work by a talented composer selected through this competition and we look forward to receiving new works.
The winning composer will receive official diploma and the work will be recorded by Sergio Sorrentino. The recording will be featured in the upcoming album release “Contemporary Music for Electric Guitar” (final title may be different) which will be produced and published by RMN Classical (including high-quality design of the artwork, booklet + mastering) and distributed worldwide through RMN Music (all costs covered). The work will be added to Sergio Sorrentino’s repertoire and scheduled for live concerts, and more performances will soon be announced. It will also be considered the opportunity to mention the winning work in S. Sorrentino’s upcoming book and the final album containing the winning work will be added to the prestigious British Library Sound and Music Archive.
Among the prize RMN Music will be happy to include:
Option for synchronisation and licensing opportunities (tv and media)
Option for physical distribution and manufacturing of the album (depending on demand).
Licensing and Copyright Clearance.
Full contracts and agreements with the winning composers and artists.
Barcodes and ISRC codes.
Chart registration (the USA, UK e Canada).
Promotion, Advertising and Press release coverage.
Application is via the Application Form. Please read the following instructions to prepare the material.
– Only original and not yet recorded scores for electric guitar solo can be submitted.
– Works for electric guitar and electronics are highly encouraged.
If your work includes electronic, please note that compositions with live electronics will be disqualified. Please send works with pre-recorded electronics/tracks (tape) only.
Maximum duration: 5 minutes
– Submitted works must not exceed 5 minutes in duration.
Age / Nationality:
– Applicants may be of any nationality and age (minimum legal age of 18 required – if you are 17 or under, please Get in Touch before applying).
There is no limit to the number of works that you can submit. Therefore applicants can submit more than one work.
Collection of works will not count as one work and application fee should be paid accordingly.
For eg. a collection of 3 works will count as 3 separate works and application fee should be paid accordingly.
29 July 2018 (BST 11.59pm)
£24 – per work submitted
The application fee will be the only cost. No other fees or costs will be due
NOTE: The application is through the application form. Please do not send your information or material through email because it will be deleted and disqualified and the fee will not be refunded.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE:
1) Prepare a folder containing the following material:
▪ PDF of the score(s) including 300 words long description of the work(s)
▪ Composer bio and photo in jpg
2) Please upload your folder to Dropbox (other sharing platforms can also be accepted). Please do not use WeTransfer or similar systems because their link expires. We need the link to remain active for the whole duration of the competition.
3) Generate a shareable link.
4) Paste the link in the application form (available on the application page, please follow link below to Apply).
More instructions will be provided on the application page.