Associazione Culturale TKE is calling for pieces to be performed at the “Risuonanze 2018 – incontri di nuove musiche” Festival, which will take place in Friuli Venezia Giulia region – Italy (for the previous edition results: http://www.risuonanze.it/calls/results2017.html#ENGLISH).
The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.
Pieces should be written for the specified instruments and chamber groups (please see below); use of tape and/or electronics is not allowed.
The submitted works should not have been premiered in any public performance in Italy; if selected, these works will be presented as “world premieres” or “Italian premieres”.
Works of any aesthetic and stylistic direction, not longer than 6 minutes in duration may be submitted.
All music performed in the Festival will be radio-broadcast and professionally recorded; composers will be given a copy of the recording of their works.
18 Euros (non-refundable) must be payed via bank transfer or PayPal as a donation for contribution to costs; this amount allows to submit 1 to 6 different works.
Festival “Risuonanze 2018” is based on the direct relationship between composers and audience, so composers attending the performances are much appreciated. In that case, there is no refund for travel and lodging fees.
Associazione Culturale TKE may select one or more pieces in each category; it may also decide not to choose any composition.
• Submission deadline: March 19th, 2018;
Works written for:
- – solo Piano
- – solo Violin
- – solo Flute [C Flute, Piccolo, G Alto Flute]
- – solo Oboe
- – solo English Horn
- – solo Clarinet [Bb/A/Eb Clarinet, Bbass Clarinet]
- – solo Trombone
- – solo Concert Accordion
- – solo Voice [mezzo- soprano, range: F3 to F5 (piano dynamics) or Ab5 (forte dynamics)]
- – Voice [mezzo-soprano, range as before] and Piano
- – two Violins
- – Flute [C/piccolo/G] and Clarinet [Bb/A/Eb/bass clarinet]
- – Flute [C/piccolo/G] and Oboe [english horn]
- – Clarinet [Bb/A/Eb/bass clarinet] and Oboe [english horn]
- – Flute [C/piccolo/G], Oboe [english horn] and Clarinet [Bb/A/Eb/bass clarinet]
• Regarding vocal works, the text should be in the public domain, otherwise the composer should be authorized for its utilisation
• Works not longer than 6 minutes in duration;
• All submitted works must be “world premieres” or “Italian premieres” in the Festival;
• Submissions via email only;
• Each submission consists of:
- a) one to six scores,
- b) payment proof 18 Euros (bank transfer: IBAN IT58P0634067684510701023136, BIC/SWIFT
IBSPIT2U, beneficiary: Associazione culturale TKE, or Pay Pal: please see the Risuonanze website
– as description of payment please write “Call for Scores Risuonanze 2018”),
- c) a short biography (170 words max.);
• The scores must be attached as PDF files;
• The biography (in Italian or English) must be pasted as text in the body of the email, together with first name, last name, date of birth and nationality;
• The payment proof (bank transfer or PayPal) must be attached as PDF file;
• In the body of the email, please specify whether the pieces, if selected, should be presented as “world premiere” or “Italian premiere”;
• Send the submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The results will be announced not later than May 7th, 2018 on the Risuonanze website, and composers of the accepted works will be notified by email.