III International Musical Composition Competition
Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Carlos
(San Carlos Royal Academy of Fine Arts)
- The call is open to composers of any nationality, without age limit. Each composer may submit only one work. The work must be the individual composer’s original creation and must be unpublished, not the result of a paid commission, and not awarded in any other competition. The work should not have been previously performed in any concert or public event, either wholly or even in part (should it have different parts), nor with the present title or with any other it may have, and should have not been broadcasted by any medium whatsoever.
- The works should be written for french horn (both in F and Gb) and piano, with no electroacoustic media). In the general score, the french horn part should be written in A (real sound). The duration of the compositions should be between minimum 12 minutes and maximum 20 minutes. Works of any other duration will be disqualified.
- Three copies of the general score will be submitted together with two set of materials (part music for the french horn, transported, and general score for the piano player, including the french horn part) appropriately prepared for the work to be preformed out of them with no reading problems. The scores and materials should be tape bound documents, clearly legible.
- Documents should be sent with acknowledgement of delivery or by registered mail to the following address:
III Concurso Internacional de Composición Musical Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Carlos
C/ San Pío V, 9 – 46010 Valencia. España
In case of submission by registered mail, the postmark date will be taken as the official delivery date. Works not strictly adhering to the submission deadline will be disqualified.
- A single prize of 4.000 euros subject to current tax retention is to be awarded. The jury may, unanimously, not award the Prize, whenever the quality of the works submitted is not estimated as sufficient.
- The world premiere of the winning work will take place during year 2018 at the conference hall of the Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Carlos, that retains the right to choose the performers that will offer its first interpretation.
- Participation in this competition implies the unconditioned acceptance of the present Rules and the final decision of the jury. The interpretation of these Rules shall fall within the exclusive competence of the Jury.
- The official drafting the rules will be the Spanish text for all legal purposes. The rules will be provided in several languages, but any disagreements arising out of them will be settled based on the Spanish version of the text.
For further information, please visit http://www.realacademiasancarlos.com