Falkirk Community Trust (FCT) is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Musical Director for its adult community choir ‘Sing Forth’.
Sing Forth Choir was formed in 2012 and has performed a number of local events including the Queens Baton Relay, The Helix Big Picnic as well as staging an annual concert in June. It has built a reputation for its high standard of music making and welcoming atmosphere.
The choir sings a wide variety of music from shows and films, contemporary pop, traditional and classical music. Our 60 members are a friendly and dedicated group and are looking forward to welcoming a new Musical Director.
The choir holds rehearsals in Camelon Education Centre on Thursday evening each week during term time from 7pm-9pm. We have an accompanist each week at rehearsals.
The Musical Director will select and arrange the songs for the choir, teaching the various parts each week.
You will be expected to:
• Have excellent sight-reading skills
• Be able to arrange vocal parts
• Have empathy toward choral rehearsal techniques
• Be able to build confidence for singers through your teaching methods
• Knowledge of vocal technique / coaching would be an advantage
• Be able to work well as part of a team, collaborating with the Accompanist and FCT Staff
• Have good social skills and a willingness to interact with choir members.
This is a paid position and payment will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and availability.
Applicants should send a covering letter outlining why they would like the position along with a current CV and details of two referees to email@example.com
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Hazel Beattie), or call +441324590717,
The deadline is Monday 02 July 2018 at 17:00.