Hearing Heritage: Selected Essays on Scotland’s Music from Musica Scotica conferences
edited by M. J. Grant
Published by the Musica Scotica Trust 2020
105pp pdf available for free download but please consider a donation to Musica Scotica by way of thanks.
- Gordon Munro & M J Grant: Introduction
- Hugh Cheape: Raising the Tone: The Bagpipe and the Baroque
- Joshua Dickson: A Response to ‘MacLeod’s Controversy’: Further Evidence of the Pibroch Echo Beat’s Basis in Gaelic Song
- Elizabeth C Ford: The Crathes Castle Flute: Artistic License or Historical Anomaly?
- John Purser: James Oswald (1710-1769) and Highland Music: Context and Legacy
- Per Ahlander: The Seal Woman: A Celtic Folk Opera by Marjory Kennedy-Fraser and Granville Bantock
- Stuart Eydmann & Hélène Witcher: Seeking Héloise Russell-Ferguson
- Marie Saunders: We’re All Global Citizens Now, and Yet …