A set of short works commissioned by Sarah Watts for solo bass and contrabass clarinet – those written for the contrabass can also be performed on bass clarinet.
Situated off the Isle of Skye, the Isle of Raasay is home to annual music courses run by Sarah Watts. This commission celebrated the tenth anniversary of the courses and the ‘Wee Drams’ were premiered in the island’s new Raasay Distillery in April 2019.
Ten Wee Drams is for and about the island. Each Wee Dram takes inspiration from past and current culture, heritage, folklore and the landscape of Raasay.
The commissions were supported and funded by: Creative Scotland, RVW Trust, Clarinet and Saxophone Society of Great Britain, Raasay Music Courses and Raasay Distillery.
The Ten Wee Drams are:
- Piers Hellawell: Time, The Deer
- Adam Lee: Hallaig
- Stuart Macrae: MOBOFCROWS
- Iain Matheson: While We Wait
- Alasdair Nicolson: Bring My Pipes
- Oliver Searle: The Illicit Still
- Jane Stanley: The Faery Cup
- Pete Stollery: … the vivid speechless air …
- William Sweeney: …ruadh, uaine, dà fhilleadh
- Sarah Watts: The Sound of Temptation
Computer-typeset score (33pp) saved as pdf for immediate download.
Also available as as a bound, printed score sent in the post.