The Scottish Music Centre have a range of copying, printing and binding services specialising in music related services.
What kind of projects can we help with?
- Music scores
- Orchestral parts
- Booklets (particularly good for parts with a small number of pages)
- Binding of documents and dissertations
What material do we have?
- Available paper sizes: A3, A4 and B4
- High quality paper; professional standard for scores and parts
- Wire binding, or binding with plastic coil (page turns are quiet – especially helpful for recordings)
- Stapled booklets available in A4 size
- As we receive several requests a week, we need as much notice as you can give for all projects. At a minimum one week for smaller jobs and two weeks for larger jobs.
- The SMC’s opening hours are Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm. Requests will be processed during these hours.
- If your project is urgent, please contact 0141 552 5222 with the details. We always do our best to help with last minute requests, but this might not always be possible if there are other jobs in the queue.
Terms and Conditions
- Orders must be in PDF format to preserve formatting
- Revise your page numbers before pressing send! Make sure the page turns are already set up
- The score must be ready to print when you send (SMC staff are not responsible for checking for errors)
- Include any cover pages/title pages
- Please specify if a plastic cover is needed – otherwise the cover page will be printed on card
- Please specify the number of copies and size
- Plastic binding is standard for works that need bound, but please specify if another type of binding is required
- Do the scores need to be posted? If yes, please provide an address and cost of posting will be factored into the invoice. If not, let us know who will collect them so we can tell them when the order is complete.
Photocopying and Printing
A4 – 16p per side
B4/A3 – 22p per side
A4 – 44p per side
B4/A3 – 55p per side
All sizes £3 (including covers)