SISTEMA SCOTLAND: BIG NOISE TORRY, ABERDEEN
Sistema Scotland’s vision is to transform lives with music. We deliver our work through the creation of Big Noise programmes within communities, and currently run four programmes in Raploch in Stirling, Govanhill in Glasgow, Torry in Aberdeen and Douglas in Dundee. This is a unique opportunity to join our organisation to lead, manage and deliver Big Noise Torry as the programme is planning to grow. The role will lead and grow the existing Big Noise Torry team as the children move from primary to secondary school, develop the programme from strings only to a full symphonic model and continue to work in partnership with the community to ensure the maximum number of children and families can benefit.
TEAM LEADER – MUSICIAN (£39,357 to £42,637 per annum plus relocation package of up to £7,500)
(all new staff start on the first point of the scale)
We are looking for an inspirational individual to provide visionary musical and people leadership to Big Noise Torry. The following must be demonstrable both on your application form and during the selection process:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- People management experience and leading teams
- Professional standard of playing on your instrument
- Excellent knowledge of beginner level teaching techniques
- Sound knowledge of variety of music teaching methodologies
- Working with children in a music education and/or community/music context
- Delivering instrumental lessons, including to young children and beginners, in individual and small and large group settings
- Ability to motivate and inspire all learners, regardless of ability
- Project management experience
- Commitment and understanding of the social benefits of music and the Big Noise programme
For further details please visit our website http://makeabignoise.org.uk/jobs/ where you can view the full job/person specification and complete our online application form (no CVs please). All successful applicants will be subject to PVG check.
For any additional information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01786 475349.
Closing date for applications Friday 6 March 2020 at 10am.
The selection process will be held week beginning 23 March in Torry, Aberdeen